Acceleris Capital are delighted to announce our head office relocation for 2020. We have moved our operations to Wigan Investment Centre, Wigan, WN3 5BA.
Boasting stunning views of the Leeds/ Liverpool canal, our new office is one of the best-connected locations in the UK:
· Under 2 hours to London
· 30 minutes to Liverpool
· 1 hour to Leeds
· 3 hours to Edinburgh
· 30 minutes to Manchester
This prime location fits our company’s ethos of being available for our portfolio companies and investor network. The new facilities provide an accessible friendly environment with stunning views over the canal.
Wigan has a strong and proud industrial history, made famous by George Orwell’s novel ‘The Road to Wigan Pier’. We overlook the famous Trencherfield Mill (pictured below). Trencherfield Mill was a cotton spinning mill built in 1907 with the beautiful building housing a 2,500 hp triple-expansion four-cylinder engine.
The engine was stopped in 1968, however it has been restored and operates as a visitor attraction. Trencherfield Mill was renovated in 2005-07 as part of the Wigan Pier Regeneration project.
The iconic Wigan Pier is currently being renovated to provide new homes, an artisan food hall and events space
Moving into the Investment Centre is an exciting opportunity for Acceleris, combining high quality space with a nod to the industrial past of the North-West. Acceleris continue to work on the future of enterprise and are proud to be a nationwide leader in EIS business services, we believe this new location will be an ideal hub for our clients and investors.
2020 will see the 20th birthday of Acceleris Capital
Achievements to date:
- Over £140m introduced into SME’s Approx. 70% of Acceleris portfolio have exited, realised value or are still in operation
- Across all exits the average return is 7x
- Lost <10% of overall invested capital 60% of investee companies are still growing value
- Three companies taken from start-up to IPO
- Cliniical trials of 3 new cancer drugs
- Bringing new agricultural technology products to field trial in 4 years
- Clinical trials of 3 new cancer drugs
- Introducing wireless business connectivity across Europe
- Phase 3 clinical trial for a new allergy drug
- Novel business model for the Development of new antibiotics and diagnostics
- Early commercial success for a disruptive energy storage technology
- Building an advanced SAAS based energy management with 30,000 data monitoring points across Europe
- Expanding a manufacturing facility for new ADC drugs
- Launching a new device to the global female health sector
- Installation of cutting-edge recycling facilities across local authorities and retail sites
We are proud to be a Venture Capital company based in the North-West. The North-West boasts over 28,000 SMEs and is becoming a growing technology hub, anchored by world-leading universities.
Our new address is as follows;
Acceleris Capital Ltd
CT3, Investment Centre